So now you already know how to search images and its license, but you can also use flickr as your source to find photos with public license. So what are you going to do now with the photos you’ve got? Maybe you will directly install it on the website or do the editing first? If you have time to feel confused, maybe it’s good to read this tips from LA SEO Company in order to optimize the images that have been obtained before.
Attributes on the image
There are procedures for each image attribute on each website. In general, the image attributes on the website among others.
- Without Attributes
- Mention the image or picture maker
- Jot down the link to which the image was drawn and the manufacturer. If both are different, for example the photo you get from flickr
- Connect only to image creation sites.
And of course this becomes your right as the owner of the website to perform the installation of attributes or not. But it would be better if everyone knows, that there are works that are used.
Capacity and file type that fit on the website
This adjusts also to the images you use on the website. For example, if you use a picture that consists of illustrations or artwork that is not too detailed as abstract painting, for the better you can use PNG 8-bit type or GIF format. Because this will reduce the amount of capacity of your image size, but on the other hand the displayed image is also simpler as some of the palettes in the image are reduced.
Some of the advantages of GIF format include:
- The resulting file size is relatively small
- Able to create an animation consisting of several drawings that are compiled.
- Can make background transparent
- Support on interlacing, ie images that are loaded gradually on the website
Whereas if the image you are using is a high quality image and detail, you can use JPG or PNG 24-bit type. Why use this type? Because not too much reduce the palette on the image, so the resulting image is better. Of course the detail of the image you have also will be awake. The comparison of this contrast in terms of image size and format can be written:
- PNG-8, 256 colors – 37K
- GIF, 256 colors – 42K
- PNG-24 – 146K
Files with PNG type also has advantages including:
- It has all the features available in GIF format except animation
- Interlacing features on 2-dimensional side, which when compared with GIF format is better
- The compression technique on png uses lossless techniques, where images with PNG format will not lose much quality even in compressed times. lossless is the opposite of the lossy JPG compression technique whereby the diminished image will decrease in quality.